Google translator

Friday, November 12, 2010

---1984----

http://www.thelocal.se/30150/20101111/ 
Swedes' emails to be stored for six months

7 comments:

  1. Its easy to get around this. Don't use a local email service. Use Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc. and make sure they don't have a local presence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are almost the worst ones since your mail is stored somewhere central. But, I have nothing to hide. If somebody is so hell-bent on reading my correspondence, be my guest!
    What bothers me more (as you've probably seen) is the invasion of privacy when you want to get on an airplane. THAT really bothers me! I don't appreciate being being subjected to naked x-rays nor being groped by some TSA-goon! That is just disgusting, demeaning and just plain WRONG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least Google stores everything indefinetively. But I hardly mention anything personal in the mail anyway. Don't know if there is any mail service that is 100% secure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really don't think so either, but I still don't care since I have nothing to hide. I'm opinionated and I have an attitude, so what?! I don't know if that is against the law, if it is... I don't know about it ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A-M, what you should do is grope them back! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Robin, the key thing is make sure it can't be traced back to you. If you use Gmail, an account with a name that doesn't sound like your real name is a good first step. I'm sure Google wouldn't give the Swedish government access to its emails anyway and I don't think they log IP access so they only thing they could do is monitor network traffic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gary; that wouldn't work, unfortunately... I'm thinking of going "nekkid" but that probably would have it's repercussions... ;o)
    And Gmail is as bad as the rest of them....

    ReplyDelete