AND
Body blow for butter-loving Danes as fat tax kicks in http://gu.com/p/32b49/tw - Just another excuse to raise taxes.... TEA!!
This is where I keep interesting links I find on the Web; to read when I have the time, if that day ever comes.... If you are offended by any of the links I have added, so be it. I really couldn't care less... It is what it is and that's all there is to it! However, always remember to deduct half of everything you read and take the remainder with a huge grain of salt! One more thing; "anything is possible, nothing is impossible"....
"“Higher fees on sugar, fat and tobacco is an important step on the way toward a higher average life expectancy in Denmark,” health minister Jakob Axel Nielsen said when he introduced the idea in 2009, according to The Associated Press, because “saturated fats can cause cardiovascular disease and cancer.”
ReplyDeleteWho would want a long life in such a dull society?
Also: "“We get the taxes, but never a reduction on anything to complement the increases, such as on healthy foods,” said Clausen."
The economic system is sick. They need to raise all the money they can just to keep the wheels turning. Instead of changing the system they just keep kicking the can further down the road, trying to prevent the inevitable collapse from happening. When the government can't make do with the money they have already been given and start raising taxes you just know something is wrong.